Go Ask Your Mama!'s Fan Box

Go Ask Your Mama! on Facebook

Monday, August 11, 2008

Our Big Fat Red Neck Weekend!

It's been a while since I've been on here. I told you I'm not very good with keeping up with things like this. I just wrote a huge post about our weekend on another website that I'm on. I do not have the energy to re-write it, so I'm gonna copy/paste it here...

I got my lazy butt up this morning and weeded my dreadfully overgrown flower beds. They have been looking so terrible, but it's just been absolutely too hot to do anything about it. I mean, I could probably stand the heat, but if I'm out there then the kids are out there too. And there is no shade in the front yard and I just don't want them out there for that long. So anyway, it's a dreary, rainy day today. The high is only supposed to be like 76. When I got up it wasn't raining, so I ran out there and got it done before the next line of thunderstorms comes through. It is such a relief to have it done!

We had a nice weekend. Jimmy and his brother went to the casinos on Friday night when they got off. He had been sitting at a video poker machine for about 10 minutes when he heard his name called over the casino loud speaker. He went to the player's club desk and they told him that he had won $800.00 in free play!!! Now, that's not cash, it's free credits, but he started playing dollar machines (we usually play .5 or.25 cent machines) and he ended up coming home with $720.00 dollars!! That is so awesome! We were definetly needed some extra money!

WARNING: total red neck story ahead.........

So anyway, he came home on Saturday and we took the kids and went to his best friends house on Saturday night to grill out. Let me tell you, that was an interesting night. His BF just got a four wheeler earlier that day, so we spent the evening riding four wheelers and the gator (that's like a farm utility vehicle that has 2 seats and then a flat bed). The kids rode in the flat bed with either me or BF's girl friend and we all took turns riding the 4 wheeler. Well, the kids were in the gator with BF and his GF, and Jimmy and I were on the 4 wheeler following them and they got stuck in some mud. So we pull around them and get out and try to push it out, but it wont budge. So we get the kids out and me and the kids stand off to the side out of the way, then they wenched the gator to the back of the 4 wheeler. Jimmy gets behind the gator to push, GF gets in the gator to give it gas, and BF gets on the 4 wheeler to drive it. Well, he proceeds to gas the damn thing, the gator still wouldn't budge, and all he managed to do was flip the entire 4 wheeler over backwards on himself!!! OMG, I freaked the hell out, the kids freaked out, GF jumped out of the gator and picked the 4 wheeler up off of him by herself before Jimmy could even get there, so that he could get out from under it. He is so lucky though, because all that happened to him was a black eye, a bump on the head, and a sore hand. Other than that he's fine. Jimmy and BF went back down later to try again and they wenched it to a tree and it pulled it right on out. Wish we had been smart enough to think of that sooner. Moral of this story is, don't drink a lot of beer and then try to pull a gator out of the mud with a 4 wheeler that probably weighs at least 1000 lbs less.

Red neck story over.

Oh, another thing that happened that night is that I re-injured my hurt ankle. I was walking out behind BF's house (it's way out in the country and super dark) and I fell in a hole and re twisted my ankle. Now this is the same ankle that I hurt almost 4 weeks ago that hasn't even quit hurting from that. I had about decided that I needed to go have it looked at and maybe get an MRI. Now I have fallen and hurt it again. It is SUPER swollen and just generally hurts badly now. I felt like such a dumb ass. I couldn't even get up off the ground it hurt so bad. sucks.

We spent the night out there that night and then we all went and ate Mexican for lunch yesterday. Then we went back out there and the GF cooked saur kraut ribs for us last night. We got home about 9:30, gave the kids a bath, and went to bed. We were all so exhausted.

Jimmy left this morning about 11:00 to head back to Mobile. He has to work down there this week too. The bank evidently cannot get there shit together so that they can take over the restaurants in Hattiesburg. They are now saying the 18th, but who knows. It will probably get pushed back again. Jimmy I guess will be working in Mobile until it does happen. I think we are gonna go down there on Wednesday night. SIL (Jimmy is staying with his brother and SIL down there) is off on Thursday, so she and I can hang out. That way it wont be another week until we see Jimmy. And I think his BF is gonna come down there Friday night with his boat and we're gonna take the boat out into Mobile Bay on Saturday. Should be fun. We've never taken the kids out on the boat, hopefully they will like it.

Also, I have recently spent a lot of time updating my business website. You guys should go check it out and let me know what you think... www.goaskyourmama.com

That's all for now!

No comments: