Go Ask Your Mama!'s Fan Box

Go Ask Your Mama! on Facebook

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

How many people does it take...

to put in a dishwasher? The world may never know.


Who knew that putting in a dishwasher was such a task? I thought it would be as simple as cutting a hole in the cabinet and hooking up a drain line and a water line. But that is sooooo not the case. My husband and father in law spent on the upper end of 6-7 hours working on that thing yesterday. Now, my beautiful dishwasher is in place! The only problem is it's still not hooked up. WHAAAAAA!!! But father in law is coming back over today (I think) to work on it some more.


So, yesterday those silly boys decided it would be a good idea to send me to the hardware store with a list that looks something like this:


1 drain hose clamp - 1 1/4"
elbow, 90 degrees w/NPT - copper
y branch tailpiece & connector kit - 1 1/2"
conduit connector
water line 3/8" OD copper or 1/4" ID plastic (6 ft at least)
T- 3/8" for water supply
Hose clamp - 2 each


WHAT????????? Are you serious? Guess what? The extent of my plumbing knowledge pretty much ends with knowing how to flush the toilet.


So I go into the hardware store, hand my list to someone, and even she didn't know what some of the things on the list were. So a 100 questions (some of which I actually knew the answer to) and almost $50.00 later, I came out of the hardware store with a very small bag of stuff.


Now I'm not actuallysure what happened, but they couldn't finish putting it in because either something wasn't the right piece, or because they needed something else. So I have a b.e.a.u.tiful dishwasher in place, that doesn't work yet.


On the plus side though, I'm going to Wal-Mart today and I'm going to buy some dishwasher liquid!!!! A girl can dream right?

No comments: